It is with some regret but mostly a sense that we have done all that we can that I write this post.

Mom was admitted back to the UW last Thursday with increasing pain levels that we could no long control out of the hospital. This came just as we were beginning a last ditch effort with an aggressive chemo therapy treatment.

We are not sure if the chemo has worked yet or not but Mom has made the difficult decision not to continue any further treatments.  Mom has been an epic fighter for the past 8 months, she has been in near constant pain, been poked, jabbed, stabbed and radiated more than any person ever should.  During that entire time there was not a day that went by that she did not tell somebody they looked nice, said ‘thank you’ for something that was given to her, or just smiled at something funny.  But mom has decided that she simply does not have the energy nor the will to fight any further when the final outcome now seems certain and it is only a matter of time.

With that in mind we are going to be moving Mom back to Spokane this weekend.  If you happen to be in the vicinity of I-90 sometime on Saturday or Sunday and you see a big Cadillac Escalade rolling in an entourage of cars, that will be us.  Mom wants to spend the time that she has left surrounded by her friends and family.  We don’t know exactly where she is going to live yet, when we do we will post it here and email it around to all of you.  Please take the time to go and visit, Mom’s time left with us is now numbered in days and weeks and she would love to see you.

Peace and Love to you all,

Matthew, Stephanie and Joe